Australia, Federation and I!

Questions from teachers. Yep, I have to answer questions on my blog. Just for the teacher.

1. Before federation, Australia was separated into 6 different countries.

2. Tasmania used to be part of Australia.

3. I have no idea who Henry Parkes is.

4. I think that the first attempt to make Australia a federation was rejected was because it was initially used for convicts and other federations thought it should stay that way.

5. What role did Alfred Deakin play in becoming a Federation? I don’t know who this man even is!

6. In what year did Australia become a nation? 1937 I think.

7. Who was Australia’s first Prime Minister? I’m not sure.

8. How did Federation impact on Indigenous people and Chinese migrants? It got them treated very badly.

9. What do you know about the Eureka Stockade? It was a rebellion against the troopers and miners because troopers were using the law to their will. It was led by one man in particular that I have forgotten the name of. It was placed in Ballarat.

10. What were some big events that have happened between 1901 and 1960? World wars 1 and 2. That’s all I know.

11. Who were some important people between 1901 and 1960? I have no idea who some important people were but I’m pretty sure there were some sport people.

Thats all I know about this. Just remember these might not be true. So don’t use these yourself. Meet me next time. Seeya!